CHEAP AND FUNCTIONAL OPTION: Compare to the Hayward Part - GLX-CELLSTAND.
QUALITY PRODUCT: Clean Salt Cells with Muriatic Acid.
PART COMPATIBILITY: FITS ALL HAYWARD TURBO SALT CELLS
Hayward Goldline's T-Cell-15, T-Cell-15-W, T-Cell-9, T-Cell-3
AquaRite, Aqua Logic, and Aqua Trol
Pentair’s Intellichlor IC-20 and IC-40
Blue Haven’s SmartPure
Optimum's Simple Cell; CompuPool's generic salt cell replacement
SplashClear SP-18 and SP-40
1) Turn off the power to the system and deactivate the pool pump before removing the Turbo Cell.
2) Relieve pressure by removing the pumps lid.
3) Remove the Turbo Cell by unscrewing coupling on each side.
4) Once removed, look through the cell and inspect for scale formation (light colored crusty or flaky deposits) on the plates and for debris that is caught on the plates. If no deposits are visible, reinstall the cell.
5) If deposits are seen, use a high-pressure garden hose to flush the scale off.
6) If a high-pressure hose does not remove the majority of deposits, then use a mild acid wash. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and appropriate eye protection. In a clean plastic container, mix a 4:1 solution of water to muriatic acid (one gallon of water to one quart of acid).
Caution: ALWAYS ADD ACID TO WATER – NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID.
7) Fasten the Turbo Cell to Cell Cleaning Stand with the cord side up. Before filling Turbo Cell with a muriatic acid solution, place in a bucket to avoid any spills. Fill the Turbo Cell to the top with the solution and let soak for 15 minutes. Empty the Turbo Cell and inspect. If clean, rinse with hose and reinstall. If there are still deposits after soaking, repeat the soaking procedure until clean. The water/muriatic acid mixture can be disposed of by pouring in the pool water. You may also neutralize the solution with washing soda. For your absolute safety, follow the chemical manufacturer’s recommendations when storing or disposing of the water/acid solution.
8) Reinstall the Turbo Cell. If "inspect cell" light is flashing, press the small diagnostic button next to the display for 3 seconds to reset the countdown timer for another 500 operational hours.